Questions to consider for the health, safety and well-being of your dog.
At Canine Cabana, we are committed to the health, happiness and safety of all pets. We know that finding just the right care for your furry loved one is a big decision, and while we hope that you’ll allow us the privilege of taking care of your beloved dogs, we’d like to provide you with 10 questions to ask yourself. This way, whatever you decide, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you’re doing what is very best for your four-legged family member.
1. Does the caregiver receive ongoing professional training by experts in pet wellness, dog body language and behavior?
2. Can the caregiver ensure that your pet will be taken care of in case something unexpected happens such as a caregiver getting sick?
3. Does the caregiver offer safe and enriching activities such as individual or group playtimes, based on the unique needs and interests of your pet?
4. Is the environment clean, sanitary and well organized, free of debris and clutter, or anything that could be harmful to a pet?
5. Does the environment offer comfortable, safe and secure areas for sleeping as well as for play and exercise?
6. If there will be other dogs around, is there a safe staff-to-pet-ratio with dogs separated based on size, temperament and play-style?
7. Will your pet only be around other pets who are appropriately vaccinated, based on leading veterinarian recommendations?
8. Do you feel welcome to tour the entire environment and observe how other pets interact with the caregiver or team?
9. Will your pet receive continuous monitoring, loving care and attention all day, every day, instead of being lonely and bored, while you’re away?
10. Will your pet have a fun and safe vacation with personalized new experiences while you’re away?
If we can provide you with any other information, please call us at 813-672-9663 option 1. We wish you and your family the very best and hope to see you soon!